The ITI Career guidance workshop was held on 8th Dec’2019 at Thane. Total participants were 25 including 16 students & 9 volunteers.
- Future scope of ITI trades (Public, Private and self-employment sector)
- Importance of Shram Sanskar Shibir
- Importance of soft skills
- PPT regarding various sectors in which ITI students can get employed, was presented by the team
- Experience and success stories of ITI alumni were shared
- Enthusiastic session regarding soft skill and interview techniques was conducted by Mr. Omkar Gogate
- Importance of Shram sanskar shibir was explained by an VSM alumni
- Various shibir with tentative dates were introduced by Mr.Ponkshe
- Motivational speech by Mrs. Geeta Shah and Mrs. Anita Juvekar
- Importance of resume and resume formation techniques shared by Mrs. Deepali Sarpotdar
- Discussion of issues faced by students in their college and day to day life
- Tushar made them aware about PPF, PMJJBY and PMSBY schemes
- Announcement of next ITI exam in second week of January 2020 by ITI team
They are recommended to approach ITI team for form filling and not to waste money or time at cyber café. They were taught dressing sense and few resume formation techniques. Students are advised to prepare a resume and share it within given timeline to Mrs. Sarpotdar.
Students were asked to introduce themselves and express their doubts or any difficulties in pursuing course. They explained how they invest their holidays and spare time by working with their seniors or under freelancers. Some of them have shared their future plans as well. All of them were energetic and eager to share own experiences.
We have made mandatory for every ITI student to have PMJJBY and PMSBY schemes as soon as possible.
Testimonials of ITI students:
Information on how to make a resume, what all important points to be added was interesting. We also understood how interviews are conducted at company. Tushar explained very well about scope of ITI that we can work in private and public firms. I thank him for letting us know about various schemes as PPF, PMJJBY and PMSBY. Looking forward for more ITI sessions.’ Moreshwar Umavane
‘ITI workshop was helpful. Complete information was given by the team what an ITI student should have. Through this workshop, it has made me clear how I am going to plan and apply for an apprenticeship. We request to conduct few more such workshops.’ Omkar Padwal
‘I liked the workshop very much. Interview tips, resume and information of dress code during an interview was explained well by Omkar. He also gave information about how to present yourself and put a positive impression on interviewer.’ Amol Harad