Pune’s 6th VEDH Parishad was held at Yashvantrao Chanvan Auditorium. It was a unique career perspective conference. This year’s theme was “MAKSAD” i.e. Motive, Objective, life glowing purpose. Almost all KPs from Pune and VSM students attended with lot of zest.
The conference was conducted by Dr. Anand Nadkarni in six sessions of one to one and half hour each. The session wise proceedings are as under:
- Captain Siddarth Chakravarty, was active member of Sea Shephered Global which is a Netherland based NGO involved in combating crimes related to deep sea fisheries and poaching. He was involved in various actions initiated by his NGO which was non violent direct action to control crimes in ocean. He narrated his story through a video clip and explained his “maksad” of ending the ocean crime. He welcomed students to join such adventurous profession as its very challenging and satisfying experience for the younger generations. His details can be further explored from the website http://www.opdrittnet.org or http://www.seashepherdglobal.org
- The second session was conducted with an interview of “Swayam team” from COEP Pune. Manisha Khaladkar, guide of swayam team and other student team members Mr. Dhaval Walghude and Ms. Manasi Kabade were also on the panel. The COEP’s mission “swayam” commenced in 2008 and ended in June 2016. The total expenditure on the mission was less than Rs. 50 lacs and the satellite weight is 990 gms. All the parameters drafted were achieved by team of efficient 176 students in all for last 8 years. Mr. Dhaval Walghude explained his observations and technical details through PPT presentation in a very lucid manner. He was very much present at the time of actual launch of satellite.
- The third session started with interview of Mr. Santosh Gaikwad, First and only Taxidermist from India. Taxidermy is the art of preparing, stuffing, and mounting the skins of animals (especially vertebrates) for display (e.g., as hunting trophies or museum display) or for other sources of study (like species identification) or simply the preservation of a beloved pet. This art includes a group of coordinated arts of skin preservation, shilp kala, Animal anatomy, carpentry. He started first ever Wildlife taxidermy center in Sanjay Gandhi National Park at Mumbai. He also explained process of Plastination i.e. process of preserving the dead animals and birds.
- Chetan Gangavne , a traditional Puppetry and Chitrakathi artist from Sindhudurg, Maharashtra explained all the art forms of chitrakathi , kalsutri. His family has long tradition of almost 300 years since the time of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj . He and his family has established art gallery and museum at Pinguli District Ratnagiri in the name of “ Thakar Adivasi Kala Aangan Museum and Art Gallery” They are spreading various social awareness campaigns about Global warming, AIDs and Swachh Bharat Abhiyan” through their art.
- Maulik Sisodiya, son of Dr. Rajendra Singh Waterman of India is directly involved in social activities of sustainable water management. He explained need of efficient use and maintaining of underground water management. He explained the “government dependency syndrome” of Indian citizens and expected to raise awareness about management of water socially. He also narrated importance of rain water harvesting. He is instrumental in managing “ Jal Jan Jodo Abhiyan “ for creating water literacy.
- Sixth session was interview of famous classical singer Padmashree Padmaja Phenani Jogalekar. She explained her philosophy of getting synchronized with the superpower through her sangit and relish the “atmanubhav” she gets every time she sings. Her exemplary interview showed the way of dedication and samarpan to the students.
(VSM Team at Vedh Parishad)
The Vedh Parishad was concluded at about 6 pm with the next year Pune Vedh’s theme of “Odds to even” or “ Pratikul to Anukul” scheduled on 9th and 10th of September 2017.